UA Languages Conference 2023
The organizing committee of the twelfth annual University of Alabama Languages Conference is pleased to welcome abstract submissions for this year’s conference entitled “I Have an Accent: Language, Literature, and Identity” to be held at the University of Alabama February 10-11, 2023. We are excited to announce a return to campus this year for the conference, and look forward to seeing you with us.
We invite you to submit proposals for 20-minute individual presentations as well as organized panels with three to four participants. Suggestions for panels must include each individual presenter’s abstract along with a brief description of the panel theme (up to 300 words).
Please submit abstracts of no more than 250 words (Word document or PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstracts themselves should not contain any identifying information.
The deadline for proposal submission is January 05, 2023.
Presentations should be given in English, French, German or Spanish. To facilitate conference organization, papers will not be presented in absentia or via Zoom.
Any inquiries regarding the possibility of presenting in other languages should be addressed to email@example.com.
We invite abstracts about all languages and all areas of Literature and Linguistics, including, but not limited to:
- Classical Literature
- Renaissance Literature
- Medieval Literature and Culture
- Early Modern Literature and Culture
- 18th and 19th Century Literature and Culture
- 20th and 21st Century Literature and Culture
- Feminism and Women Writers
- Queer and Gender Studies
- Transatlantic and Intercultural Studies
- Storytelling, Mythology, and Memory
- Film and Visual arts
- Anthropological Linguistics
- Bilingualism and Code-switching
- Historical and Comparative Linguistics
- L1, L2, L3 Acquisition and Pedagogy
- Languages in Contact
- Non-verbal Communication, Sign Language
- Phonetics, Phonology, and Dialectology
- Syntax, Semantics, Pragmatics
- Sociolinguistics, Psycholinguistics
- Study Abroad